Dr. Frank DiFazio has practiced sports medicine and orthopedic surgery in the United States for nearly 30 years. He is U.S. board certified in orthopedic surgery, and after completing his orthopedic surgery residency, Dr. DiFazio was awarded a coveted Fellowship in reconstructive surgery and joint replacement at the world famous Hospital for Special Surgery in New York (ranked by U.S. News & World Report as #1 in the U.S. for Orthopedics.) Most recently, he practiced at Yale Orthopedics before relocating to Shanghai full time.
Routinely rated as an “America Top 10, Top Orthopedic Surgeon” and among the “Top Doctors in Connecticut,” Dr. DiFazio brings to Shanghai a wealth of experience with his advanced training in arthroscopic and reconstructive techniques for sports injuries. Dr. DiFazio specializes in treating all youth and adult injuries with a particular interest in knee, hip, and ankle injuries, and Achilles tears. He has a long history of treating athletes. Since 2000, Dr. DiFazio has been a team physician caring for high school varsity football athletes. Whether you’re a student athlete or a weekend warrior, Dr. DiFazio can treat all of your orthopedic needs.
- Medical School: University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency: Medical Center Hospital of Vermont
- Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery(#1 in US for orthopedics)
- Pediatric & adult sports injuries and fracture care
- Treatment for disorders of the lower extremities, including arthroscopy, reconstruction and arthroplasty
- Sports Medicine – non-operative and operative arthroscopic and open treatments
- Minimally invasive and non-operative injury management
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery