Dr. Stephanie Hsu was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia and is excited to work in Shanghai as the only American fellowship trained in shoulder and board certified sports medicine & orthopedic surgeon in China.
Dr. Hsu’s extensive experience and training in the area of sports medicine and orthopedics is unique to China. After 6 years of orthopedic training at Tufts-New England Baptist in Boston, she received an additional year of specialized training and research in shoulder, elbow and sports medicine surgery at Columbia University in New York where she served as assistant team physician for the New York Yankees. Dr. Hsu has also substantial contributions to research, publishing in esteemed sports-medicine journals, and authoring educational resources covering topics such as shoulder arthroplasty and examination of the athlete’s elbow.
Prior to joining IWS, she took care of recreational, high school, university and professional athletes in Atlanta, Georgia where she specialized in both non-surgical and surgical treatment of sports injuries, including performing hundreds of ACL reconstructions, arthroscopic knee surgery, and minimally invasive shoulder and elbow surgery. Dr. Hsu has years of experience and expertise at treating young injured athletes–a true passion of hers. As a former athlete and current fitness enthusiast, Dr. Hsu works closely with a team of physicians, including non-surgical specialists like Dr. Frank Lorch) and physios, and is committed to getting injured athletes back in the game.
- Medical School: Medical College of Georgia
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Tufts University Combined Program, Boston, MA
- Fellowship: Shoulder, Elbow, and Sports Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Pediatric sports injuries and fracture care
- Treatment for disorders of the upper extremity, including complex shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, reconstruction and arthroplasty
- Sports Medicine – non-operative and operative arthroscopic and open treatments, including ACL reconstruction, meniscus, rotator cuff, labral and elbow surgeries, clavicle fractures and AC joint reconstructions
- Minimally invasive and non-operative injury management
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery